The GOHISO marketplace helps you get more done. To create a safe, respectful and rewarding environment, we need you to follow the Guidelines below:
A. Tasks must be legal
To ensure a safe and secure experience for all our members, all tasks posted must be legal. Soliciting, inducing or encouraging illegal acts are strictly prohibited. Scams are also not tolerated on GOHISO and will be removed.
B. Prohibited items list
Tasks must not relate to weapons or unlawful activity, which may result in furtherance of a crime. Any requests relating to drugs, including prescription drugs or drug paraphernalia is prohibited. Not only may these activities have serious legal ramifications, but they are also against the spirit and values of GOHISO.
C. No escort or adult services
Adult services are strictly prohibited on GOHISO. This includes tasks or comments which are obscene or sexually explicit in nature.
D. Clear scope, time and budget required
To help get your tasks completed, it’s important that your task has a clear scope, time and budget.
- Scope: The task description should clearly, and thoroughly, state what it is that you need done. Adding as much information as possible helps the service provider understand expectations.
- Time: Does the task need to be completed on a specific day or can it be flexible with the service provider? If specific, mention in task description.
- Budget: Setting a fair price for the amount of time and effort required for the task is crucial. GOHISO does not endorse low pricing of tasks and a task may be moderated, if found to be.
These help service providers to know whether they have the skills and availability to complete your task. It will also help avoid any misunderstandings about expectations along the way.
E. Task based posts
The GOHISO marketplace is a task based platform that encourages you to outsource anything you might need done on any given day. However, there are a few types of tasks that are not supported to maintain the integrity of the platform.
Tasks that are deceitful in nature are not allowed. This includes but is not limited to requesting fake business reviews, social media likes and follows.
- Example 1: Sasha posted a task asking service providers to leave 5 star reviews on her company's website and Facebook page. Sasha's task was immediately cancelled from GOHISO and she was advised her task did not follow the Community Guidelines.
Academic activities and assignment based tasks are strictly prohibited. This includes but is not limited to completing an assignment, test or course on someones behalf. Additionally, academic assistance in the form of proofreading, editing, planning, structuring, referencing and giving feedback on someone else's academic work is also not supported.
- Example 2: Rachael posted a task requesting a service provider to proofread her assignment which was a 1,000 word essay on the French Revolution. Rachael was contacted shortly after posting her task and advised the post had been cancelled, as it was a proofreading task and therefore not supported on GOHISO.
We also don’t allow tasks that request quotes for work to be done outside of GOHISO.
- Example 3: Brad posted a minimum priced task asking for a service provider to come to his home and give him a quote to paint his 4 bedroom house. The task was cancelled by GOHISO because it was asking for a quote and not for someone to actually paint the house.
Tasks that involve investigating or gathering information on an individual or business without their knowledge and consent are not supported. Debt collection tasks are also not supported.
Tasks that ask for someone to withdraw cash, buy gift cards, vouchers for the Poster or to send money to the Poster via methods like direct bank transfers or PayPal are not supported.
F: No alcohol related Tasks
Alcohol related tasks regarding the supply or sale of alcohol are strictly prohibited on GOHISO. The sale of alcohol includes any of the following:
- Barter or exchange
- Offer, agree or attempt to sell
- Expose, send, forward or deliver for sale
- Cause or permit to be sold or offered for sale.
The supply of alcohol includes to dispose of or deliver.
For further clarification, please see the examples of prohibited tasks below.
- Example 1: Stephen posted a task for someone to buy and deliver beer from a liquor store. The task was removed because it requested a service provider to buy and supply alcohol to a Poster, which is not supported.
- Example 2: After a long day at work, Carly posts a task for someone to bring her a bottle of wine. She says she would be happy to purchase a bottle that a service provider already has at their home. Carly’s task is not supported so was removed by GOHISO because it requested the sale and supply of alcohol.